This blog is about me, photography and dreams. I will be writing about my thoughts on my goal to be a traveling photographer for a career. I will be writing about things I find out every say that will help me excel in my dreams.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Background
HEy! For all of you that don't know me, my name is Marney. I am currently a 20 year old college student. I still go to a community college because I have always been split between being a photographer or fashion designer. The way I see things with photography is that I love photography, its beautiful and captures a moment and if captured in the right moment this will bring emotions to people, which I think is amazing. I have always been the one with a camera. From age 15 to 18 I worked as an assistant for my favorite photographer and the best photographer in town, Caroline's Photography. The job of being an assistant may look lame and boring to some, but I love what I learned about portraits, lighting and production. I really could not have asked for a better job. The photographers were always nice and always willing to give me a helping hand. When I had to quit I was sad but I knew my education would bring me back to photography in some sort. With the Canon rebel XT I bought, I would take pictures of my friends, at parties and of nature. This was more of a hobby but still saw being a photographer possibly in my future. As for fashion design, When I was about 8 I saw a lifetime movie about a fashion designer who I think was being stalked or trying to be killed. I am not really sure, all I remember I saw her designing dresses and thought it looked fun and started designing dresses from that day on. I love designing. Most of everything I design will be dresses, but the funny part is they are dresses I will never wear. I love my designs and I am confident in them. For years I have had the fear thinking I would be eaten alive in the fashion industry, but after growing up I have a lot more confidence and learned the attitude that if you don't like it then you're missing out, not me. I hate to sew is the thing. I don't have the tolerance. I can pick anything apart because I am a perfectionist with work. Thats one reason I don't like sewing is because its time consuming and I would rather design 50 dresses then make a garment. Still I want to be a designer and I will learn how to sew better and be faster and have dresses that girls will love. What I learned in College is that I am a creative mind. You cant stick me behind a desk to fill out tons of applications and file. I would go crazy! Im always thinking ideas in some sort. One thing that discourages me is that out of all my friends and family, I am the only one who thinks like this. It is not that I feel out of place but it is more thinking they have stable careers or are going to have a stable career. No one ever discourages me, which makes my support system great. My best friend kelsey is a huge influence to follow my dream. She is going to be a sports therapist and goes to a state college. One day we were talking and I told her that I wish I had the motivation, the personality to sit in class, learn about bones and all that stuff and get good grades like she does, I would love to know I will always have a degree in a field where I will always be needed. Kelsey told me she would be so happy if she had the creative mind I do. That if she could she would do what I do. That day I realized I just need to embrace who I am and what I have. Every time I have anew idea she is the first on the bandwagon, even if its the craziest idea, saying she knows it will turn out great. In my blog i'm sure you will hear a lot about her because we talk every day and I have crazy ideas every day. Anyways I go to a community college. This is my third year. I will be earning my AA in one more semester. I have taken a fashion illustration and construction class. I have taken black and white photography and now am in a digital class. Next semester I plan to move to Los Angeles. Next spring I plan on going to CSULA and double major in photography and fashion design. I cant wait to move, since I love to be independent and do my own thing. I am very goofy, a little bit scattered minded and love to travel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment